Town of Wabeno Mission Statement
The mission of the Town of Wabeno is to enrich the quality of life in Wabeno for all our citizens and to build an attractive, inviting, accessible, culturally diverse and safe community. We pledge to work in partnership with our residents to foster community pride, to develop a vibrant, diversified economy, to plan for the future, and to protect and enhance the natural beauty of our lakes, rivers, streams and national and state forests.
How Our Mission Will Be Accomplished
This mission shall be accomplished with respect, competency, and compassion toward everyone. Citizens and visitors are invited to become a part of our town’s mission. We demonstrate commitment and support of our mission for the community, its natural resources, commercial, residential, and environmental needs by…
- Encouraging each member of the community to participate in and support town committees, organizations and their related activities.
- Providing activities for a wide cross-section of our community that promote inclusion discussion, and communication, including periodic forums/meetings.
- Conserving and managing our natural resources through the thoughtful and deliberate support of our comprehensive plan, consistent implementation of Town Meeting decisions related to zoning, conservation and other related activities.
- Supporting and encouraging the development of locally owned businesses and industries through local incentives, information exchanges and exhibits.
- Preserving and promoting the history, lore and traditions of our community.
- Planning for the growth and development of quality services to support our community such as fire, police, highway, and park departments.
- Establishing and maintaining a cooperative open partnership between business, civic, non-profit, religious, educational, and town interests through regularly scheduled opportunities for dialogues.
- Continuing to foster business development by proactively attracting businesses and industries that will work in a Cooperative partnership with the town.
About Our Town
Our Town is a mixture of Northern Wisconsin culture and Logging heritage preserving our past and striving to develop our future. This is evidenced by our historical sites, parks, availability of recreational activities, quality of public education, community organizations and our location in the heart of the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest.
Mission Statement approved by Wabeno Town Board, April 15, 2014.